Friday, May 20, 2011

prom and other recent happenings

So, I was able to give myself a few days to recover from the half marathon......and then I had to jump into finishing up the school 5K. I was a co-race organizer again this year. I think we did our best job yet. I was happy to have my kids running, my dad, and Bree and Abby. As Bree told you in her blog, Abby was awesome and won the overall girls in the 1 mile division. Dad won his division, and Alex, Kobe, and Brooklyn all won their divisions. Brooklyn was thrilled to get to run with Bree! Kobe has now met his lifelong goal of beating Grandpa Griffiths in a race. (You can refer to Bree's blog for a great shot of them at the finish). Here are a few more pictures from the race that Tia took for me. Tia didn't run this year, but she was a wonderful help to me. We were out there at 5:00am setting up the courses, and she helped out on the course during the race and took pictures for me. I hope everyone had fun. Of course, it is the best race around!































THEN....Tia turned 17. Wow!! Her junior year is nearly over. AP tests have been accomplished, and the last of the many big end of the year papers and projects and posters, etc are getting turned in this week. She got her certification to teach swimming lessons this summer and she is looking forward to that. She wants everyone to know that she grew 1 1/2 inches this year. She is now 4 feet 10 inches tall. Woo Hoo!










We also had prom happening the day after her birthday. I say WE because I was the dress creater for this event. I'm pretty proud of myself on this one! We just couldn't find very many stores that carried her size, and even fewer stores that had modest selections in her size. I even had a hard time finding a pattern with sleaves. I ended up combining 3 different patterns. Tia was the fashion designer. I only had two weeks to pull this off. Lots of late nights. Four hours to glue on all those crystals around the neck line!! So now I'll give pictures of our first Tia/Shamae original....









Bree was kind enough to make another hair design house call. Tia loved Bree's latest hair creation.


























And tomorrow is the Women of Steel Triathlon. Give a cheer for Bree and I. We'll be hitting the water at 8am!! I'll try to get a post in on how it went soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment