Well, I was in charge of the school carnival for the second time this year. In many ways it went much more smoothly because I learned a few lessons last year. BUT....there are some things that just can't be done ahead of time. So I thought I would show you what happens to my world during the last week before the carnival.....( and I can't get that picture up there to move, so just pretend it is below this paragraph please) (carnival also happens to fall right in the middle of canning season, so you can see all my canning supplies and apples being pushed aside and hoping to get finished off before they spoil)
For several days my house gets taken over by very large posters, and a few games I am building and adding to the party this year. Yep, I made that very cool bean bag toss game. I end up staying up very late into the night, and spend the rest of the night worrying and planning when I should be sleeping.
And then things get sort of crazy and I have to enlist the help of the children to get some things finished up....because I have about 30 emails a day coming in as I attempt to organize a small army of volunteers.
And then things get even crazier and my family sees notes like the one above way too many times to be admitted to.
But the carnival comes anyway. And my van looks like this. Brooklyn had to crouch on the floor in the very front of the van and Kobe had to sit Indian style in the front passenger seat. It was an eventful ride to school. And yes, that is 350 cans of soda, supplies for 15 carnival games, posters, 3 different kinds of tape,and anything else I might need--cuz I'm not coming home today.
And then everyone comes and has fun. I should have gotten pictures of the set up. It's pretty much organized chaos, but it always seems to work out. However I was too busy directing the chaos to get any pictures.
We had even more people come than last year, but I was too busy to take pictures during the first half of the carnival. So these are toward the end when people were starting to leave.
But I think it was a success, and I'm pretty sure it is now time for someone else to take a turn.
I didn't even get to have a rest, because the carnival happened on Thursday and I hosted Alex's Homecoming group for dinner on Saturday. I'll do a post on that as soon as I get pictures done. HINT: It went great?
So now I need a bubble bath and a long nap. Thank goodness for 1:00 church!
Wow! That is a big event! Your amazing Shamae! Looks like it turned out great-
ReplyDelete