Sunday, January 13, 2013

catching up

Once again, life has sped past me and I have neglected to document.  My last post was about soccer, and we are leaving Thursday for a tournament in St George.  I don't want to bore you with 2 soccer posts in a row, so I decided I better come up with something to go in between.  (Yes, you will probably have to hear all about a tournament in a few weeks). 

We had a great Christmas break in spite of Steve and I being sick.  It was wonderful to have Tia home with us....even if we did get her sick just in time to go home.  We visited our favorite Lowe's Airsports, went ice skating, skied, and shoveled lots and lots of snow. This Christmas was the first time since Steve and I got married that we have been home at our house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We usually spend Christmas Eve at the Mickelson's, but Steve's parents are still out on their mission.  We often go see my parents on Christmas day, but us parents were sick.  I had great plans to go see the lights at temple square and have dinner at the Lion House for Christmas Eve, but the weather was terrible and us parents were sick.  So we just stayed home.  And it was really nice.  I guess now that I have kids coming home to my house for Christmas we may need to rethink some traditions. 

And I will mention that I'm pretty sure I cried half of the way home after dropping Tia off at her apartment (good thing I was the only one in the car).  It was harder to send her back this time than it was to send her off last summer!!  She is such a joy to have at home.  We really miss her when she is gone.  This is a tough phase of parenting!

So here are some pictures.  This first one is funny mostly just to me.  Background:  Alex chose to get a tablet for Christmas (I got the same one).  I haven't seen him this excited for Christmas in years.  I'm pretty sure he didn't even sleep.  I came home from work on Christmas Eve morning to find charging cords sticking out of our wrapped tablets because Alex decided he definately couldn't wait for it to charge on Christmas morning before he could use it (and he kindly thought of my feelings on this matter also).  So I took a picture. 








No comments:

Post a Comment