Wow! multiple posts in one month.....
I had a solid week of being sick with a sinus infection and all the other symptoms you can think of. And then I had to pull myself out of bed and pack up for a weekend in Rexburg, Idaho to watch Tia compete in a ballroom competition. My mom and Aunt Marsha came with me.
Can I say, this was so much fun! I haven't ever watched a big competition like this before (it was a national competition). The dancing was fabulous (it almost made me think I could learn to like dancing, but not quite) and the dresses were amazing. There is nothing fancier than ballroom dance gowns.
This was Tia's first time competing as a couple in the Cabaret, so I needed to be there to watch her. We made her costume. She glued on nearly 700 crystals. I did the sewing and trim. It was an adventurous project, but well worth it. She was beautiful. Her partner is Brayden Roberts. They were both pretty nervous. But they came out with 4th place (whoo hoo!), and they only missed third place by less than a point.
Here's some video of their Cabaret and a video of Tia's favorite group dance. (She's on the front right when the dance starts. You'll have to follow her from there)
PS After you click play, double click the screen to get a full screen version--otherwise the right side gets cut off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So Awesome!!! You did an amazing job and congratulations on the 4th place!!!
ReplyDelete