Once the games were over, my friend showed us a really fun park where the boys could rock climb to their hearts' content. It reminded me of a small version of goblin valley. And, of course, we spent a few hours at the pool with some teammates.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
President's Cup Tournament
Last weekend Kobe's soccer team played a tournament in St George. I had such a personal dilemma over this. My grandpa's 90th birthday surprise party was also last weekend. But in the end I decided I needed to be there to cheer on my son. Luckily I will be in Idaho to cheer for Tia next weekend, so I'm hoping to visit grandpa then. Steve couldn't come (Announcement: for those of you who haven't heard--Steve has a new job!) so I teamed up with another mom who was going alone. We rode together and stayed at her aunt's condo in St George. This made the trip so much more fun! Her son Conner is one of Kobe's best friends. Unfortunately the team didn't make it past the quarter finals, but they got 2 wins and 2 ties. Single elimanation tournaments are tough. I was very proud of them. Kobe played awesome. He almost scored in one of the games, getting two shots off (not bad, since he plays left wing defender/mid).
Once the games were over, my friend showed us a really fun park where the boys could rock climb to their hearts' content. It reminded me of a small version of goblin valley. And, of course, we spent a few hours at the pool with some teammates.

Once the games were over, my friend showed us a really fun park where the boys could rock climb to their hearts' content. It reminded me of a small version of goblin valley. And, of course, we spent a few hours at the pool with some teammates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah! go Kobe!! I also played left wing defender. Wish I could have been there to cheer for him. --Aunt Megan
ReplyDelete